Agile, hybrid, and flex office spaces are catching on. The idea: bring people and technology together in the most efficient way possible. Consider the following 4 essentials as you become more agile.
- 0.1 Key takeaways: 4 essentials of an agile office
- 0.2 Open-plan benching
- 0.3 Several breakout spaces
- 0.3.1 Well-designed breakout spaces look like modern lounges.
- 0.3.2 Breakout spaces typify “resimercial.” They’re homey.
- 0.3.3 They’re different things for different types of people.
- 0.3.4 To all, breakout spaces are two things universally: comfortable and convenient.
- 0.4 Office quiet pods
- 0.4.1 Acoustic office pods and booths are suitable for confidential matters.
- 0.4.2 A pod for every task; maximize the office’s functionality.
- 0.4.3 Small meeting booth pods like hushMeet are for private meetings.
- 0.4.4 Mobile office pods work well in an agile space because they’re flexible.
- 0.4.5 Pods are mobile. Relocate them without breaking a sweat.
- 0.5 Places to meet
- 0.6 So… what makes an agile workplace work?
- 0.7 Summary: 4 essentials of an agile office
- 1 Agile office and pods – frequently asked questions
Key takeaways: 4 essentials of an agile office
Several breakout spaces
Office quiet pods
- Places to meet
Agile work environments are flexible work environments. They’re environments where employees have free reign to work when, where, and how they want to. Open, shared spaces are a crucial aspect of this type of office. They let agility happen at its own pace– says Mateusz Barczyk, Senior Brand Manager, Hushoffice.
Its low-key atmosphere allows flowing communication between project teams. Transparency among departments. Camaraderie. By design, open spaces are livelier. They’re animated by discussion and activity. They can be uniquely dynamic, making them a staple in an agile layout, which caters to change itself.
Here, extroverted employees thrive. So do those excited by commotion — by a faster-paced vibe and sporadic chit-chat. It’s an apt area for anything informal, too. Ad hoc status updates, innovation sessions, kick-offs, etcetera.
The open plan is also where significant culture happens.
Because it’s the main touchpoint for working and being together. It’s like a watering hole. Here, people connect. Relationships bud. Energy circulates. A healthy sense of team evolves. Work gets done in the most inspired mindset.
You can comfortably fit a high density of workers at compact bench-style desking.
Flexible equals agile.
● Mobile office partitions to section off or sub-divide the space as needed (see the hushWall extra large room divider)
● Lightweight, ergonomic computer chairs and office equipmentHeight-adjustable desks (see STAND UP R, a dual-