79% of the workforce want to be in the office at least once a week. Hybrid office is the way forward. Because the right workspaces and meeting areas can help draw employees back, we deem the following investments and retrofits essential in the new world of work.
Quick look: 5 essential hybrid office investments
- Excellent one-person video conferencing spaces
- Safe spaces to meet and collaborate
- Private, soundproofed environments for phone calls and concentrative work
- Health & well-being kits
- Ergonomic workstations
- 1 Excellent one-person video conferencing spaces
- 2 HushHybrid office call booth. Fully furnished. Fully equipped. An all-in-one video call pod.
- 3 Safe spaces to meet and collaborate
- 4 Staple Meeting & Collaboration Spaces in the Hybrid Office
- 5 Private, soundproofed environments for phone calls and concentrative work
- 6 Health & well-being kits
- 7 Ergonomic workstations
- 8 Why you should consider office pods as you’re looking into hybrid workplace retrofits…
- 8.1 Office pods are a flexible solution for work, meeting, and lounge spaces. They are mobile, modular, and compact.
- 8.2 Pods solve the open space office’s noise problem for good. They tackle the “A” (absorb), “B” (block), and “C” (cover) of office acoustics.
- 8.3 Pods make the open space of hybrid offices safer. They’re private, space-dividing, clean, and contained.
- 8.4 Pods give employees autonomy.
- 9 KEY TAKEAWAYS: 5 ESSENTIAL HYBRID OFFICE INVESTMENTS
- 10 Hush space pods – frequently asked questions
Excellent one-person video conferencing spaces
Employees expect to return to a better office. More physical space, higher quality acoustics, and stellar video conferencing pods or booths– says Mateusz Barczyk, Senior Brand Manager, Hushoffice.
As video calling is a glue of hybrid work, the office must adequately support it, making each call easy and successful. One-person spaces are critical. Without them, employees are forced to take up an entire team meeting room for one call. Or, worse yet, take their call on the open floor, subjecting others to their noise all the while suffering office distractions.
Acoustic. Private. Comfortable. Built with every feature needed for successful video conferencing. The hybrid workplace’s video call spaces should hit these marks. A video conferencing pod is a fantastic solution because it’s uniquely flexible while giving unparalleled acoustics. Consider the hushHybrid video conference booth as a model — built on wheels, with an optional monitor mount and optional video call light strips for superb calls. It’s the “Hush” needed in a hybrid world; an agile prefab pod, ready-made, responding to change. Like a portal connecting on-site employees to at-home employees. Ultimate video conferencing ease.
HushHybrid office call booth. Fully furnished. Fully equipped. An all-in-one video call pod.
- Safe HushHybrid is enclosed and protected against microbes proliferation. All frequently touched surfaces in the pod are coated in Anti Virus solution.
- Flexible Lightweight; built-in casters; leveling feet. HushHybrid is a portable pod relocatable by push.
- Acoustic Brilliant two-way soundproofing: hushHybrid contains the call itself while giving users a quiet environment. Its glass panels also help dampen broad office noise.
- Ergonomic Structured sofa, a touch “plush,” supports a healthy, natural posture; 1.6″ depth-adjustable desk included for convenient laptop work; adjustable, energy-efficient lighting & ventilation enable optimal comfort.
- Functional Power outlet and USB ports; optional VESA mount for AIO computer or monitor; optional, adjustable LED video light strips to illuminate the face.
Read more about hushHybrid: Videoconferencing just got better with hushHybrid acoustic office pod for hybrid work!
Safe spaces to meet and collaborate
Gensler’s 2020 US Workplace Survey confirmed what we’re all recognizing on our own teams. Employees see the workplace’s in-person collaboration as essential, a reason to return to the office. Because human-to-human interaction is a driver of successful hybrid working. It is no surprise that 61% of the workforce is craving “real” human interactions with colleagues. Or that 73% of workers want to work from places that facilitate human connection.
Staple Meeting & Collaboration Spaces in the Hybrid Office
1-on-1 meetings are invaluable. Devoted time to gauge morale, stressors, and overall job satisfaction. Track progress and uncover personal and professional hurdles. Set goals. Swap feedback. Nurture a working relationship. They’re a special meeting because they’re intimate and organic, unlike large team meetings. They can touch on sensitive topics. Hence they’re proven needle-movers! In adopting 1:1 meeting protocols, GE enjoyed a 5X productivity increase while Adobe saw a 30% decrease in voluntary turnover.
An Acoustic 4-person Meeting Space
Status updates and progress checks. Project planning. Client call recaps. Presentations and proposals. Brainstorms and ideations. Kick-offs and employee onboarding. 3-4 person team meetings are one of the most common types. The hybrid office should have multiple spaces to accommodate them. Private, acoustic, and convenient are the benchmarks.
Meeting pods are a popular finishing solution for open spaces because they trap all meeting noise. They’re also flexibly designed for portability. Teammates can easily move their pods around their space. So they give the layout stunning tinkerability — tinkerability that’s priceless in a world marked by change.
Offering a sleek desk, a cozy sofa, and a robust power module, a fully appointed pod like hushMeet is a cut above the rest for its sheer convenience. Teams can hang their own monitor on its central panel for quick content sharing. Like every other pod in the Hushoffice collection, hushMeet is also coated in an Anti Virus solution, making it a safe space for teamwork.
A Conference Room Seating 4-8 Employees
Favor flexibility? Check out hushMeet.L. A soundproof conference room. Movable by pallet jack. Modular to accommodate change.
- LED light with dimmer
- Energy-efficient ventilation system, activated by presence sensor
- Ability to hang TV on pod’s central panel (think presentations and conference calls)
- Optional conference table
- Can be ordered empty
Private, soundproofed environments for phone calls and concentrative work
47% of the US Workforce prefers a mostly or totally private environment. This means the office must provide the right array of private workspaces.
An office phone booth for private calls. Hint hint: hushPhone.
Phone call use surged in 2020. And for a good reason. Voice forms a human connection. Tone, pitch, speed, emotion… These distinct communicative attributes of voice are missing in written words. Since calls have become a primary way we connect, our hybrid office must have dedicated spaces to hold them.
Spaces like hushPhone are ideal. Soundproofed. Private. Complete with power, a fold-away laptop table, and an armrest to lean on for comfortable standing. HushPhone’s acoustic environment maximizes speech intelligibility for high-quality calls in the office. What’s more, the soundproof call booth sits on casters and leveling feet so it can be relocated by push.